14.5.08

Hooray!



Tuesday, May the 13th.
It's almost midnight. My kitchen is finally ready after dinner (bear in mind that this is a southern European country, we eat late): the washing up is done, the books that fill every room are out of the way, the breakfast table is set for the next morning and I'm holding a cup of blackcurrant, ginseng & vanilla tea on my right hand. I'm talking to myself, complaining about my schedule for the week whilst adding some items to my errants' list. Neither my cat (who is sleeping on a couch in the living room) nor my hubby (who is working in the office) pay any attention to my usual ramblings. My computer is on because I have to check my class for tomorrow and have a final look at my mailboxes before going to bed.

You have to picture this calm home scene to understand that me laughing hysterically the next minute does not fit the portrait!! When I laugh the entire world knows. It's this 'witch's laugh' - like my husband describes it - that leaves no living thing untouched. I won HHDD!! I won! My Bacon & Fig Clafoutis was chosen from an astonishing bunch of yummy sweet and savoury clafoutis hosted by the talented Bron!

I'm so honored to have won this great food event created by Barbara from WinosandFoodies. (Go check out her AWESOME LiveSTRONG With A Taste Of Yellow Round Up) Thanks Barbara, you do a great job everyday! Thanks also to Bron, who is holding the event from now on, and HHDD couldn't have a better holder! Even though Donna's books or even her magazine are not easy to find in Portugal, I love Donna Hay with all my heart for a few years now. Special made Simple changed my food. Living literally a world away from these 3 amazing women, I can only thank for having had the pleasure to cross paths with you - you make the world a better place. :)

And of course, thank you to everyone who voted for my clafoutis! If you're around sunny Lisbon, I'm more than happy to bake it for you - Hay, Hay...you've made my day!! :)

Me and Bron will be working on the next Hay, Hay, it's Donna Day. Stay in touch, you'll hear from us shortly!

12 comments:

Gretchen Noelle said...

Congrats Suzanna!!! Looks scrumptious!

Jackie said...

Congrats on the win! Bacon and fig sounds like a delicious combo!! Looking forward to the next HHDD.

Deborah said...

Congrats! It was definitely well deserved!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Parabéns!!!!!! O teu clafoutis tinha optimo aspecto, lembro-me bem porque foi o primeiro post que vi no teu blog! Muito giro teres ganho... afinal aquele som que ouvi há bocado foste tu a rir!...

ChichaJo said...

Congratulations!!! I love your clafoutis! It was love at first sight when I saw it...I mean fig and bacon? I'm SO on the first flight to Portugal!

Can't wait to see the theme you chose :) :) :)

Chibog in Chief said...

congrats dear!! you deserved it! who would ever thought bacon and fig will blend so perfect together..it looks delectable!! congrats again. i cant wait for the next HHDD i'll definitely participate on this

Barbara said...

Well done Suzanna. I'd love to be on a plane to Lisbon. Good luck with hosting.

Anonymous said...

Hey hey! Well done! The fig and bacon combo sounds absolutely delicious. I've never some across your blog before but I'm definitely coming back, it's lovely.

PheMom said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see what the next round will be. This last round turned me into a total clafoutis nut - your version looks spectacular!

Pixie said...

You brought a great smile to my face! well done to you and keep that witches laugh going ;)

Helene said...

Congratulations on winning HHDD! The clafoutis was a scrumptious one indeed!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I love buying my figs from Holy Food Imports since they come from Israel, so they have a unique taste and because they are shipped fresh to you.