11.3.08

One Clafoutis & a couple of Memes



Ages ago I've been tagged by Gretchen from Canela & Comino and Louise from Gato Azul. First, my apologies for taking sooooo long to reply. Hopefully, you all get to know a little about me with these memes, even being so late. :) Ok, on to some answers!

Gretchen's meme:

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was about to start my first job, shortly after finishing university. I remember being both excited and scared!

What were you doing 1 year ago?
I was between carton boxes, packing 1000 books and 10 boxes of kitchen stuff! We moved in our new flat in the beginning of April.

Five snacks you enjoy?

Raspberries, toasts, brioche, walnuts, goat cheese with honey

Five songs that you know all the lyrics to?
Beautiful Day by U2 (I could easily list 5 U2 songs I know by heart)
Cigarettes & Chocolate Milk by Rufus Wainwright (I don't smoke and I don't drink chocolate milk but Rufus is always around)
Across the Universe by The Beatles (yep, my mum is such a fan I think I've started listening to those guys before I was even born!)
Numb by Linkin Park (I have the version feat. Jay-Z in my iPod - just great to get me going in the morning!)
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? version by Amy Winehouse (sorry, I had to choose a cheesy one!)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire?
Make a lot of donations to valuable causes, start a hospital to abandoned cats and dogs, travel A LOT, ... (that's why I'm not a millionaire - I wouldn't know what to do with the money!!)

Five bad habits?
Not washing the dishes shortly after using them (I hate doing the washing up), never being able to keep my desk tidy, never doing things on time, spending too much money on printed paper, not responding right away to text messages.

Five things you like doing?
Following tennis, baking, reading, traveling, shoping.

Five things you would never wear again?
A perm (don't even ask!), leggings, uncomfortable high heels (I'm allergic to pain), over sized hearings, small useless purses.

Five favorite toys?

iPod, my cameras, my kitchen knifes (yes, I'm a dangerous girl), my mobile phone, my cat Matilde (ok, she's not a toy but I love playing with her)

Louise, who loves Portugal and writes the adorable blog Gato Azul, asked me to share five things about me. Like Louise, I'll give you 5 things I love.

- I love cherries, strawberries and all red fruits
- I love cheese, any cheese, every cheese!
- I love coffee (addict...)
- I love Lisbon's light in October by the river
- I love spending an entire day in my pajamas

And now another Clafoutis!



Courgette and Feta Clafoutis
Inspiration from Isabel Brancq-Lepage, Flans, fars et clafoutis, Marabout.

4 eggs
200 ml whipping cream
100 ml milk
100 g Feta cheese, crumbled
50 g flour, sifted
1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 courgettes, finely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

In a saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add chopped courgettes, and stir until golden, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, whipping cream and crumbled feta cheese. Add in the sifted flour, mixing continuously. Pour in the milk, and whisk until combined. Mix in cooked courgettes. Add the chopped basil leaves. Season with pepper and a pinch of salt. Pour the bater into greased pie molds. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve immediately, as a side dish or with a salad.

6 comments:

Gretchen Noelle said...

Thanks so much for playing along with the meme! It is great to know a bit more about you! I really must make a clafoutis. I don't even know what it is but is spreading through the blogs like wildfire and i feel so left out! :)

Deborah said...

This clafoutis sounds so wonderful!

I had fun learning more about you!

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Nice to know a little about you.
This clafoutis is new to me, interesting.

Rachel said...

That was nice meme to read!

The clafoutis is interesting..minimal ingredients..yet looks good

Betty Carlson said...

Thanks for your comment. Elle à table is indeed a very nice cooking magazine.

I am quite a fan of clafoutis, especially the savoury variety. Nice photos of them!

Gato Azul | Chat Bleu said...

We share a few likes ;-P, but I won't say which... :))) Thanks for playing along and since you've been in Paris, you're all excused. I only know the light of Lisboa by the river in the spring... it's very nice too.